Saturday, September 11, 2010

Summer Catch up - Vol. 1

Ok, here is the recap I promised. Let's take it back a couple of months and reminisce. . .


For Jay and I work ended in Nebraska. For Jay that meant Track concluding along with teaching. He had a couple of his athletes go to states and he was able to honor his team at an athletic banquet.


For me, I had to say good-bye to my little friends at work. Months later, I am still thinking about them and praying for their new school year.







Once work was done, Jay had to stay in Nebraska to help finish up his work at Parkview and that left me to drive this




across the country to Michigan. Yeah, I know. I am pretty cool.

I then headed up to Evart to meet my husband to begin training. We were a little late and had to jump right in since our staff had shown up a couple of days before.

(I know this picture doesn't really show it, but we worked very hard for those couple of weeks)

On top of our jobs, this was also the summer of Laura. My baby sister got married this summer, and showers and wedding prep helped to fill my days off.




Our first week of camp was in Fort Wayne (aka "Fort Fun") Indiana. The week was remarkably without incident until the last day. Because of transportation logistics, we ended up putting a trailer hitch on our Vibe to haul our Eurobungy. On our way back from Ft. Fun, we ended up in the middle of tornado warning/severe thunderstorm figuring out how to hook up the bungy to the car.












We were drenched, cold and ready to be home.

Well, I think that concludes the month of June. More stories, pictures and videos to come:)

No comments: