Thursday, September 29, 2011

So I've had some time to think. . .

This past summer was an interesting experience for me. Working for a summer camp, I was undoubtedly super busy from May until September, but the part of my job that I didn't expect was that the majority of time was spent alone.

Of course I had training where I was able to spend countless hours training all my little admins.

I was able to travel and visit some of our day camp locations.



And I was able to host dozens of college students at my house for dinners and movie nights along with housing them for weeks of camp.

But the majority of the summer was spent here:
Alone. That solitude gave me a tremendous amount of time to think. Think about life, think about purpose, think about wall colors, think about friends, think about the things I have chosen to pursue in my life. I had time to analyze my job (I have not been working within my strengths). I had time pray.

I have always been a mission-driven person; my mission being that I want people to know God and I want children, especially, to know that they are loved by God. On paper and to the casual observer, I am working fully within that mission these days and yet I realize that I was created to move and act on that mission rather than merely sit and think about that mission. I was made to be with people, not just talk to them on the phone. I began to pray that God would allow me to use the gifts and talents that he has given me to join Him in His work in a tangible way. He answered that prayer in a way I never would have imagined, but details will need to wait until a later post.

No comments: