Sunday, November 9, 2008

No more suitcases. . . at least for a week

Jay and I have been living out of suitcases for the last few weeks, but what that means is that we have been able to do some very fun things.

First, we were able to escape our isolated, strange-colored, mouse-ridden home for a week and go house-sit for some friends who live in a gorgeous house on the outskirts of town.
Being there was a retreat for me and for the first time since being in Mexico, I was able to relax.

Our time there was full as we still had to care for our dog back at our house, drive to and from work and attend (under the threat of being pied in the face) the fall festival at our school.

We won a cake and for money our students were able to lock us up in "prison" or the "cage" for a time.

We had a party at the high school girls' bible study I attend. The party was both to celebrate Erika's birthday and say good-bye to our fearless leader, Melody, for a time.

Then we hit the road:
4 hrs to El Paso
10 hrs to Denver
9 hrs to Norfolk, NE
2 hrs to Lincoln
17 hrs to El Paso
+ 4 hrs to Chihuahua

= 46 hrs in the car and 3,000 plus miles under our belt, but a whole lot of fun and quality time with people we love.
P.S. Sorry it has been so long since my last post. . . with all the travel, I didn't have my camera cord with me and posts are just no good without pictures :)

1 comment:

AJ Gretz said...

That last picture is so great!!