Monday, September 1, 2008

Things I've learned (. . . and a little Miles)


To begin, here is a message that Miles sent to Jay and I. I loved it, so I thought I would post it.

I thought I would share with the world the nuggets of knowledge that I have acquired since moving to foreign country.

1. Never leave the house without your keys. Mexican houses do not have handles on the outside of their doors. Keys are the only way in (believe me - we checked).

2. Never go out your front door barefoot. They have these things called "toritos" that will flatten your bike tires and kill your feet. They pretty much make up our "lawn".

3. Jalapenos will give you the runs, so consume at your own risk.

4. Liquor is cheap here. Milk is not.

5. Big black labs named Prince like to show their affection for you by rubbing their muddy faces on your favorite white pants, so wear brown on rainy days.

6. When the internet is shotty, you don't have any friends nearby and your only source of entertainment is every MaryKate and Ashley video ever created, bedtime is 9:30.

Well, it looks to be about that time. I will post again soon.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I laughed aloud at the Mary Kate and Ashley comment - you know you love the twins!