Monday, September 8, 2008

An Interesting Meal

We went out to eat tonight with the speakers who are here to do the Spiritual Emphasis Week(S.E.W.) at the school. One of them is actually an old friend of Jay's dad from when they both were MKs in Brazil. The food was mostly beef, chicken and pork served on giant kabobs, but one of them was not. . . It was gland. From a cow. It was fried. I ate it.

Jay leaves me tomorrow for the S.E.W. camping trip. He is going to be gone for three days and I am so unhappy about being left alone in Mexico. I think I am staying at a friend's house, but those plans have not been solidified yet.

If you think of it, pray for the kids on the S.E.W. trip, that they may have their passion for Christ renewed, and pray for me as I am going to try and survive in this foreign country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been so game for everything and I am awed by you. And I will pray extra hard as you face this next/hardest step.

AJ Gretz said...

I'm glad things are going well for you guys, and I hope that God's presence is with you, providing everything you need whilst Jay is away (and after he returns too).

I have a long-awaited thank you note from our wedding. Should I send it to the address in El Paso?