Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I am wiped. . .


I have been here for over 3 weeks now, which, on a sad note, means I have missed over 3 weeks of my little Addison's very new life. On a happy note, it means I have been able to spend 3 weeks serving God at this place that God has used so much to impact my own life.




Jay got here two weeks ago, which has made being here a lot easier. All of my staff arrived today, which means that I am in over-drive - planning training, learning names, still staffing, rarely sitting down, and not getting any breaks.




Along with my staff came two dear friends, Scottie B. and Josh Hosak. They are a connection to Nebraska and they came with hugs and personal greetings from other friends who aren't doing anything quite as cool as working at a camp this summer.




On another note, Jay and I are trying to find plane tickets to come back to the states for Christmas Break. They, unfortunately, are ridiculously expensive and we are ridiculously broke. If you all could be praying for that situation that would wonderful.




Miss you all.

3 comments:

Ben Davy said...

Well, we miss having you guys here so much. Flowers are blooming everywhere, the garden is planted, and our Little Weed is growing like crazy! She's 9lbs4oz now! We just posted new pics of her so you can keep tabs on her growth. Not to wish the summer away, but the second week in August, when we see you again, seems too long away. Keep us updated as often as is feasible.

lori taylor said...

I know I was one of the hugs that Scottie was commissioned to give you. I saw him the day before he left. I like to think of all the midwesterners shaded by trees and listening to the shouts and laughs of kids for the summer. I also like to think of seeing you again. Love and misses, Lori

Laura said...

Hi Elizabeth - my name is Laura Tyler (used to be Wingo - I grew up with the dear Taylors, though just a LITTLE older :) - anyway, I will be teaching at Binimea in August too - can't wait to meet you there!