Saturday, May 17, 2008

At the "Hill"




I've been here at Spring Hill since Monday. We trained earlier this week, and for the past three days we've been 'moving our offices' (that is code for carrying furniture and hundreds of boxes of paper up and down stairs in order to find a new spot for them. This is so that we can use what was once a storage closet as our office space). Needless to say, my lifting muscles are sore.

Jay is on his way here. He just called to tell me he is leaving, and that his heart is breaking. I know the feeling - my heart broke last week leaving Lincoln and it really hasn't recovered. I've had fun this week trying life out on my own. It seems strange not to have Jay go with me when I make spontaneous decisions, and it seems strange to be spontaneous on my own. I've gone out almost every night this week, hanging out with all of the single people that the camp ministry life seems to attract.

A positive of being here, is that I am back in some beautiful country. I just walked around this morning taking pictures. A downside is that it is still very cold here in Michigan and right now we are experiencing a very sweet, Nebraska-strength north wind.

3 comments:

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

it is super sad saying good bye. You're gonna have a lot of fun "hellos" though too in the future.

Heather Lea said...

we've missed you at bible study, my sweet friend. hope you're doing well... when do you think you'll make it back to lincoln for a short visit?

Amber said...

Hope you two are doing well. I miss seeing you at church and sporadic nights with the Taylors. Have fun this summer!