Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Countdown


4 1/2 weeks until Jay graduates ( a feat 7 years in the making!)
4 1/2 weeks until Baby Davy is scheduled to make he/she/its appearance into the world.
4 1/2 weeks until the whole of Norfolk settles upon Lincoln to celebrate these long awaited events.
4 1/2 weeks until I am scheduled to drive myself away from Lincoln and leave my home of the last 2 1/2 years, and my little apartment of 6 months.

Is it no wonder that I'm not sleeping great?

Jay and I are facing the bitterness of our decision right now. Bitterness of leaving the amazing community that God has blessed us with here. Bitterness of "good-bye" and "I don't know if we will be back" conversations. Bitterness with packing up our cozy little home and storing it in pieces in a cold garage.

There is sweet too - Sweetness and excitement of this adventure that God is sending us on.
Please pray for us. . .

1 comment:

Jay said...

More bitter... less sweet. I don't think I will know the taste of sweet until we are actually there.