Friday, January 13, 2012

The People of India - Ammu

I will get to the details of what happened in India soon, but in the meantime, it is the people of this village who have my heart.

Meet Ammu.

This little girl has a piece of my heart. She and her brother, Tharangasu, were on the blue team with me, and about day 2 she attached herself to my hip.
Note: Ammu all day long would hold my arm around her waist. Jay caught this candid shot that demonstrates how inseparable we were most of the week.

 Ammu is an orphan. Her father is unable to care for her and her siblings and her mother ran off on her family. Ammu was more timid than most at first, but once she warmed up to you, watch out!


She gave her love and her kisses freely, and at the end of the week, I couldn't bear to leave her. I was the last one into the van because of lingering in tears and prayer over this precious child of God.


4 comments:

Lydia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Archer said...

I totally understand where your heart is on this one Liz. Thanks for posting this...

Laura said...

She is so beautiful - can't wait to read the whole story - how long were you there?

Elizabeth Taylor said...

Laura, we were in the village for about 5 days.