Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Living in Community and Chaos

The view of the food table at the staff fall party - GFS and I are close, personal friends


As I lay awake in bed last night, my mind all cluttered with everything from conversations with friends to preparations for the week ahead, I realized that my life is centered around community, service, hospitality, and ultimately utterly chaotic . . . and I love it.

I wouldn't trade an evening with friends, for a evening alone. I wouldn't refuse to host so that my house could stay clean. I wouldn't trade a sparse schedule for my super full one.

I am, at times, forced to make those trades as I recognize the need for rest, solitude and retreat, but I don't want that to be the norm.

I thank the Lord for bringing so many different people into my life and for providing the means that Jay and I can open our home and our lives to whatever and whoever He sends our way.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: