Saturday, December 13, 2008

White Elephants and more. . .

Yesterday was the peak of Christmas celebrations at Binimea.
In the afternoon we had the first showing of the Christmas Extravaganza (also known as the kids' Christmas program). There will be another one next Friday, but since Jay and I will be winging our way to Nebraska next Friday (Yeah!), we dutifully made an appearance and were very entertained for an hour of our afternoon.

In the evening, it was time for the Jr. High Christmas party. Jay and I are Jr. High party sponsors, so we, along with another couple (the Murrays), were running the show.

We ate donuts and sang carols.
We played some Ghost in the Graveyard (a hide-and-seek in the dark game) and ate Pizza.
(for those of you who are aware of my aversion to seek and find games, no, I did not actually play the game. . . I was in charge of "base".)
And we finished the night off with a good old-fashioned White Elephant gift exchange.
Here is the gift selection and here is the fantastic "Canada" T-shirt I walked away with.

No comments: